Google Drive Client Software Installation and Purpose
Google Drive is an excellent Online File Storage Service, depending on how you use it. Though there are many other similar online services available, but i highly recommend everyone to use Google Drive and Dropbox as your primary file storage services. Reason why i am saying that have already been discussed previously and we also talked about some of the Important Features Of Google Drive and Features Of Dropbox Which You Can’t Resist.
Today we will move ahead and will see how to Install the client application of the Google Drive on your PC and some of it’s settings.
Why To Install Client Application Of Google Drive
It’s a very small software which does nothing but syncs your local computer files (which you want to) with your Google account on the Google Drive. After installing the client software, it will create a folder in your computer. Whatever you put in that folder, will automatically be uploaded to the Google Drive online (ofcourse you need to have an active Internet connection for that). And this process is vise versa, means if you create a document online at Google Drive, it will be saved online and will also get downloaded in your computer (you can select which online folders to sync).
So, i highly recommend to install Google Drive client application on each and every PC which you use, so that your documents / files are available with you everywhere instantly. Afterall that’s what we want.
Installation of Google Drive
1. You need a Gmail ID in order to use the features of Google Drive (ofcourse that was quite understood)
2. Visit the Google Drive Website, sign in with your Google ID (Gmail ID) and without doing anything over there just click Download Google Drive.
3. Next page will show you the Google Drive Terms Of Services agreement, click Accept and Install button (do i even have to say that :p)
4. Immediately the Installation of Google Drive will begin.
5. And it will take hardly a minute or two to complete the installation.
6. After Installation, Google Drive application will ask you to Sign In with your Google ID.
7. Enter your Google ID details here and if you want, you can also change the language option for the Google Drive by clicking the dropdown menu as shown below. After that, click the Sign In button.
Note: If you enter wrong password or if your Internet connection does not responds, then Google Drive will give you an error message and will close itself.
Don’t worry, just open the Google Drive application from the Start Menu, right click its icon at the status bar and select Sign In.
8. After successfully signing in, Getting Started window will pupup. Click the Next button.
9. If you click Start Sync button, It will create a Google Drive Folder in your PC and will begin the Sync process as well. Don’t click the Advanced Setup button right now, since we will talk about it in next post.
Note: If you already have any files on your Google Drive account, then it will be downloaded on your local PC.
10. You can see an active Google Drive icon at the status bar.
11. To see the Google Drive Folder, click the My Computer icon at the Desktop and then you can see its icon at the left sidebar.
12. You can also Right click the icon of the Google Drive at the status bar and select Open Google Drive Folder.
Note: Anything you put in this folder, will automatically be uploaded to the Google Drive online. I highly recommend to use Google Drive for your Documents Only.
If you have just started using the Google Drive for the very first time, then i recommend not to play with the settings of its software. Though there is nothing much to do, but still just leave the default configuration as it is. In the next post we will see how to upload a document at Google Drive and how it gets sync.
Posting Disclaimer Notice:
This posting is not my own creation collection. My effort is copy paste only. I got it from internet posted by someone else. I’m just saving some time for you to avoid searching everywhere. I’m not violating any copy rights law or not any illegal action which I’m not supposed to do. If anything is against law please notify me so that it can be removed.